Thursday, October 8, 2026

My weekend has officially begun

If I'm being totally honest, a Monday off is always much better than a Friday off work, but a day off is still a day off!  The university in town has a break tomorrow, so we do as well.  So many years it feels like we just limp along to this break, but school is going so well this year, and we are so grateful.

It's definitely looking like fall outside.  I'm not loving the earlier sunsets, but that is part of the season.  AND, it gets worse (much worse) before it better!  But I love everything else about fall, and we are headed in that direction.

I'm already feeling a bit melancholy about the holidays this year.  Grandma hasn't been a part of our holidays in years (her choices), but the memories feel front and center this year.  I know I'm supposed to not "cry because it's over, but smile because it happened," but losing my last grandparent has hit me hard.

Andrew is heading to his mom's house this weekend, and I've got plenty to accomplish here at the house.  I'm so grateful for the downtime I'll have this weekend.  And I'm excited that our weekend has an extra day!

No comments: