Tuesday evening, Andrew and I hit the grocery and brought back frozen pizzas. We enjoyed the view of the river from inside since it was so miserable outside. We continued watching episodes of the show she loves, and everyone slept well that night. Wednesday, Andrew and I found a dog park for Janey. We also drove around a bit to find out what was around, and Andrew was especially excited to find some U.S. Grant historical sites as he was born nearby. We had a fabulous Mexican dinner, and spent much of the evening enjoying the river view. Yesterday, I didn't even really want to leave the house. Andrew took Janey on a long walk and found great places in town. We brought in dinner because none of us wanted to give up any time enjoying the river view. We sat outside as long as we could until the bugs really became too much.
We realized there are so many more things we'd like to do around there, and it's also only 25 minutes from downtown Cincinnati. We are very strongly considering a spring break trip and enjoying the view again! We all agreed the trip was even better than we expected, and I'm so grateful we were able to take the time with Andrew's mother. She turns 87 in September, and we all know that nothing is promised to anyone. We have so much fun with her!
No comments:
Post a Comment