Thursday, August 6, 2026

Here's your sign

Are you familiar with Bill Engvall's "Here's your sign" comedy?  If not, look it up!  I find it funny, and definitely had one of those moments today.

Me to sub teacher in email: "Hi, hope you've had a good summer!  I'm checking to see what your subbing availability is for the fall.  Also, here's our academic calendar for the year."

Sub teacher in response: "Thank you for sending this.  Are you still hoping for me to occasionally sub?"

Me to sub teacher: "Nope.  Was just wondering when you'll be sitting around at home doing nothing.  Here's your sign."

Ugh.  Obviously that last part isn't my actual response, but good grief people.  Get it together.  It is August and I don't have time to explain common sense to you.

My day started with me locking myself out of the house.  'Tis the season for craziness (and the temps don't help)!

No comments: