Sunday, August 16, 2026

The Uhauls are beginning to arrive

After church today, I had to run back into town and make a very quick trip to the grocery.  It was still an easy drive with very little traffic, but I couldn't help but notice that there were several Uhauls along the way, and I signed a bit. 'Tis the season, and I know our little town doesn't exist without the university, but ugh.  I haven't missed the students, nor have I missed needing to drive around block upon block to locate a parking spot.  This time next week, though, the semester will be starting in just about 12 hours and the town will be crazy again.

Our family had our annual back-to-school dinner this evening.  Without realizing it, I've made a tradition of making sure we get together right before school begins.  The fall is really hard for Andrew and I with the schedule, and I wanted to make sure we saw our kiddos.  We learned today that a classmate of Thomas's was killed in a car accident this weekend.  Love and hug your babies and loved ones, because tomorrow is never promised.

Our family is incredibly blessed, and a blessing as well.  It's time for school to begin again.  I'm grateful for each day, even the school days. :)

No comments: