Thursday, August 13, 2026

It is August 13

Today is August 13, a day full of so many memories for me.  It's true though, as time passes, those memories don't hurt as much.  Thirty years ago today I walked into the kitchen and found my parents crying.  It was the first time I really realized how sick my dad was.  He stayed with us for 17 years though.  Even when he was told he wouldn't live more than five years, he lived six more.  Not at all surprised...that was my dad.

I've been working on photos and I really, really want to get them organized and printed.  So many memories in these photos, and I'm so enjoying reliving them.  Today I was finally able to do May of 2020...all those memories from Catherine's "graduation".  I will forever be so proud of her for getting through such a difficult time.  I still have vacations and holidays to organize, and I really look forward to that.

This has been a long week around here, but I'm happy to report it has not been work related.  I'm actually really looking forward to students returning and to being back in the routine.  I'm sure as I get tired though, that will change! :). The long part of the week has been the weather.  We have had rain like you wouldn't believe.  Absolute deluges, and repeatedly so.  The worst though, has been just west of us in southeastern Indiana.  Radar indicated, in one part, 18" of rain in 24 hours.  That is never a good thing.  Communities have been evacuated and shelters have been opening.  And the worst part is that we are supposed to receive more rain overnight, and some could be severe.  This has been the strangest August weather!  And then...it becomes unbearably hot.  I'm ready for sweatshirts...and football...and changing leaves.  We'll get there!

It's truly been a great summer.  I'm always a little sad to see it end, but I'm looking forward to all things fall!

No comments: