Monday, August 17, 2026

We moved here thirteen years ago

Thirteen years ago we moved in to our home.  The time has absolutely flown by.  Part of me didn't think we would still be here at this point, but at this time there is no place else I'd rather be.  I may not be a huge fan of living in a college town, but I absolutely love our home, and I love this little wooded neighborhood.  By Christmas, I will have lived in this house longer than any other home I've lived in during my entire life.  That seems unreal.  As a child, my parents purchased a home right before my sister was born, and then we moved to our next home just over 13 years later.  I loved both of those homes and was so lucky to get to grow up in them.  I lived in our second family home a little over 7 years, then moved out on my own into a house that my dad owned and I eventually bought from him.  I lived in that house for about 6-1/2 years before Andrew and I were married and bought our first home.  We lived there for 10-1/2 years before moving here...and I just can't believe we have been here 13 years.  I'm also having trouble believing it is only Andrew and I at this point.  This house has been such a tremendous blessing! 

No comments: