Thursday, August 20, 2026

Thirty-four years ago today I was one of them

Today is move-in day at the university.  It is not anyone's favorite day.  The students arrival doubles our town's population, not to mention the family members who have arrived to help move them in.  The traffic is an absolute nightmare.  I miss the quiet of our little town already.

The thing that is so hard for me to believe is that I was one of those students, and I moved into my freshman dorm exactly thirty-four years ago today.  I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by.  I also have to note that I didn't love move-in day any more as a student than I do as a town resident!

Two days into school, and our school year has been delightful (knock on wood).  I'm so very optimistic this is going to be wonderful!

No comments: