Sunday, August 9, 2026

One full week of summer remains

We are in the last week of summer.  Honestly, it's not my favorite week.  For both Andrew and I, it tends to be full of meetings and other things that I don't necessarily love.  It's a very "needy" week for the rest of the staff.  I know that sounds a little selfish of me, but I don't get to complete much of my own work this week.  While I've have absolutely enjoyed the much more laid back and carefree work schedule of the summer, I'm looking forward to larger paychecks that come with working full weeks.

Andrew and I went up to my mom's house yesterday to get some things done.  My sister and I aren't sure how much longer we are going to be able to continue this.  We may be soon getting to a point where Mom has to make some difficult decisions.

We also visited with Catherine's godfather last night.  We hadn't been able to see him in a couple of years.  He divorced his wife several years ago and has since remarried.  His new wife is delightful. and I adore her.  I'm so glad we were able to spend the evening with them.

T-minus nine days until students arrive.  Here we go!

No comments: