I made another trip to my hometown this evening for yet another funeral. This man was my high school math teacher, but he and Georgia also became good friends with my mom and were there for her so many times after my dad died. My mom has taken this very hard, which I completely understand. I was prepared to be emotional about his passing and seeing Georgia. I was not prepared for so many of my high school teachers and administrators to also be present (although I certainly should have been...it's a small town!!) and it was just a bit overwhelming, especially being back in the same funeral home 17 days after my grandmother's funeral.
Today was also verdict day in the trial of a murder in my hometown. It's made national news, and it has been so, so awful. The jury was out for two hours and 15 minutes before returning with guilty verdicts on all nine counts. I was listening live, and at first I wanted to cheer, but no amount of guilty verdicts or jail time served is going to bring Ashley back. Nothing will give Todd & Jill their daughter back, and most importantly, nothing will give Ava & Alyssa their mother back, and they've lost their father as well. My heart is broken for the family, but grateful that justice has been served.
It is safe to say this September has not been my most favorite. I am physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted, but also so, so grateful. I've really learned a lot about myself over the last month, and more than anything, I've reaffirmed how amazing my husband is and what a great team we make together. The stress of this month, while a lot, has also allowed me to see so very many blessings that are a part of my life every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment