Sunday, September 13, 2026

Ready for sweater weather

I am so ready to decorate for fall, have candles lit, and start wearing sweatshirts and sweaters.  Unfortunately, while tomorrow will be in the 70's with comfortable dew points, there upper 80's and even 90's in the forecast for the week.  So the above all seems unlikely and silly.

After such an incredibly draining day yesterday, I stayed home this morning.  My poor husband had to go to church anyway because of some activities happening for which he was responsible.  I took the dog on a walk and enjoyed the peaceful and quiet nature, reminding me again why I love our location.  I then came home and watched the photo video that was playing at Grandma's visitation, and then I had a good, sobbing, cry.  I hadn't cried at all in the last weeks while watching my Grandmother pass or in planning and going through the services.  In addition, we had Thomas moving into his new house, my mother passing out at the services and me spending the rest of the day at the hospital with her, Lyndi in the emergency room Friday night with a migraine, and my mother receiving word of the passing of a family friend unexpectedly while on vacation.  I. Am. Exhausted.  I also hold it all together and always have, and now that there seems to be nothing to take care of today, I know I will be emotional.

My poor husband, though, he has been through it all with me as well, and he has an incredibly crazy week coming up.  The athletic director is out of town, for the entire week, so Andrew has to handle everything.  Which means our poor sweet pup is going to have much more alone time than she would like.  In an effort to minimize that, I'm not going to get nearly as much done during the week with my jobs, but it will have to be okay.  At the end of the day, it will all be okay.

No comments: