Friday, September 4, 2026

Grandma is still hanging on

My grandmother is still hanging on.  Hospice is there around the clock, and my sister has basically moved in.  My aunt is there each day, and I was up Wednesday evening and most of yesterday.  At one point yesterday, the nurse gathered us and said he hadn't breathed in two minutes, but my aunt took her hand and she breathed again.  Last evening, my sister and I sat by her bed, mostly in silence, and the nurse told us it would be anytime.  It was heart wrenching listening to my sister tell Grandma it was okay to go, and that she could go see Grandpa and my dad, as well as Uncle Bill (her brother) and Aunt Margie (her sister).  I kept sitting there praying God would help her let go and asking for his mercy.

The nurses have decided it is best if we don't sit in with her, unless it is something we feel strongly about.  I'm not making the trip up today, and my sister and aunt are hanging out in a different room.  I won't lie.  This really is awful.  I am praying again that Grandma passes peacefully.

No comments: