Except for the part where my mom collapsed. It was about 1/2 way through the visitation, and one minute she was talking to Catherine, and the next minute she was non-responsive and borderline seizing. We called 9-1-1, and the station is only a block away from the funeral home. Everyone jumped into action quickly, and I was confident she'd be fine. My mom's friend who had just arrived offered to accompany her to the hospital. After our meal was finished, I went to the hospital and my sister went to the house to stay with the dog. As I suspected, Mom has a UTI, and it tends to initially present in exactly this way.
It was nearly 8:00 by the time I got home today after getting Mom home from the hospital. To say that I'm exhausted and drained is an understatement. Everyone has thoughtfully been checking in and I keep telling Andrew it could have been so, so much worse. But I am ready to sleep well tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment